Friday, December 09, 2005

Update ye say!??!?!

Yes, I am alive and yes, I do on the rare occasion update things.... That and the last entry had 21 replies, so I thought I would start a new 'thread'.

Anyway, I finally did that paint concept again and started on the red robes for my Sister, and well, thus far the one thing I have learn is 1. Dont paint the whole damn thing until you cant see some of those 'recesses' on the front of the robe. Otherwise its turning out ok, although the highlights I am CERTAIN wont turn out too fantastic on camera, but they look ok thus far. Need one more highlight and that will be done and all Ill have to do is touch up the lil Ecclesiarchy symbol on the robe, do the links and that will be the body part done (havent even TOUCHED the packback yet).

I also prep'd up some 'Nids for my future Alien themed army. Got 4 models prep'd up and just glued either sprue or a cocktail stick to them, stuck them on a base and that was it. For some reason the cocktail 'Nid is some what amusing, but I think that is just me.

I'll aim to get some pics done tomorrow and take it from there really. Just bare in mind the 'Nids wont be undercoated, since I want to give the glue some time to really bond tight (I don't want to have a random gant/gaunt falling off its (reminds me of that TSOLAR strip about the gargoyles).

So thats about it for this round, hopefully there will be a small update tomorrow.



-TAS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally you have made a start with the nids! GJ.
Hope to see new sisters of battle pics soon too.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

*nods nods* Well it wont be a MAJOR start on the nids (for several reasons), but this is just one of those pre-planner things for whats to come I guess.

Pics wise I didnt get to take any tonight (forgot to start charging the batteries earlier) so hopefully they will be done tomorrow. Fortunately enough, the Sister model is done (main body wise). Her backpack hasnt been done yet, but thats a minor issue and Im not too worried about that at all. Since I have to undercoat the backpack, Ill probably get those nids done as well to save on some time, which will funnily enough be half the 'nid scheme done already!



-TAS