Friday, December 30, 2005

96th Post!!

It would have been nice to do my 100th post prior to the end of the year, but oh well... Nonetheless, I am still doing well.. Although 100 posts over a year? Seems a lil low *shrugs* maybe thats because Im more used to B&C posting standards. Anyway.... Havent done alot of painting in the last few days, but Ill try and do some later tonight, see how close I can get to finishing another model before 2006... I have, however been doing some random modelling/mold line removal on random bits here and there. I know Ive cleaned up another Wolf Scout bits (main body sections anyway) and I did some work on a Thousand Sons mini as well. Might put some parts together and start painting that dude up, then I can have heck knows how many armies at the painting stage going all at once!!

Anyway... did a lil spree today I guess, picked up my lay-by'd Liber Chaotica Compilation.. Aint too bad, gonna have to take off the lil book sleeve (as that is getting annoying) but Im quite happy with it... Sure the cost of that was pretty much the price as two LCs put together, but oh well... Least I have the Khorne segment and the special Undivided section.

Got two more vallejo paints (Silver and Chainmail) as pre-planning for my nids. Plus if and when I go back to my EC, those will help out for trims.

Bought two BL novels, one being Dues Encarmine (so I now have the whole set) and my boo-boo purchase of.. SOUL DRINKER!! So yeah, Im gonna have to go and see if i can return that or get store credit, as ive already got Soul Drinker and dont need another copy... I also picked up the first volume of the Horus Heresy artbooks for $15 off as it was apparently 'damaged' stock. Now I must admit, the other copy that was there, was in pretty bad shape (well one of the corners was pretty creased up), the copy I grabbed wasnt too bad, minor creases in the book in the bottom corner, otherwise its in pretty a-ok shape. So at the cheaper rate, I sure as hell aint complaining about the creases... Of course I would love to get Vols 2 and 3 now, but that could take some time. Also managed to pick up the lil book sized version of the Graphic Novel Daemonifuge. Was quite happy with that since I missed the comic sized version of it and it has been an interesting, yet confusing read. Also got me a few ideas for half my armies out of it.

In the end, I am quite happy with what I got, although the actual idea of the trip was to either buy or lay by a 4th Ed version of the Tyranid Battleforce.... Also saw some random lil 'mini' boxes with a few figures here n there for armies in Fantasy and 40K. Essentially its like 2-3 models (on average) for like $20 AUD. Naturally I laughed as 1. the SM Combat Squad is $30 for 5, the Chaos Warriors box is $50 for about 12 odd... So im like.. Bloody GW, trying to bleed MORE money out of us... Although convenient, HECK NO at those prices.. Also need to pick up my WD, so I might do that early next week.. Apparently the new BT sprue box is coming out soon, which I might grab on its own so I can play around with the bits... Also had a quick look at the Zoanthrope and the good news is that it does have the type of head I am after for my Hive Tyrant/Queen model.. the downside is that the tip of the head is attached to alot of other random bits of pewter... It'll be a bit of a shame to have to spend $26 odd dollars for the head component, but oh well... Stinks that we dont have bits order here as Id just get the friggin head part...

Well thats my lil update/rant over and done with. Ill post a reply with the potential good/bad news about the Soul Drinker Issue.. Debating if I wanna run away with the store credit (if I get one) OR if I do get the money back... if I should pick up a small box of something.... I could get a box of gaunts as I will probably need a second box worth, battleforce or not... That way Ill have some 'Nids to work with to keep me entertained while i work on everything else... Might pick up a box of the Dryads perhaps since I want to use them for a mix of bits for my AotL and potential plastic Daemonettes... So yeah.. options... >.<




-TAS

3 comments:

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well, Ill be good for a while and wont do any more major hauls... I still got alot that I can work with right now, so I aint out of things to play with.

I was considering selling it on Ebay. If I cant return it to the store for credit or anything.. Ill consider selling it on Ebay, and then I can be all evil like and offer over-inflated prices on postage....

I love the Liber Chaoticas... Although its primarily aimed at Fantasy, there are some segments here and there that are dedicated to 40K, although overall, the background for each god is still useful as. Plus the way the 40K sections are linked in, you get the impression that the fantasy world is within the 40K realm.

Yeah the HH books arent bad, the artwork is great for sure. Havent read through the fluff yet, but from the bits I read in Vol 1, it seems to be all general knowledge stuff thus far.

Heh, you are such a big spender Tobias.. share some love :P But yeah, get to painting dude!!



-TAS

Anonymous said...

About the price of marines in a box: yeah it got ridiculously high. Same goes for genestealers though. In 2nd/3rd ed you had boxes of 12! for 20 euro's...and now you get only 8 for the same price. But you do get all those nice already converted heads and talons.

For the thrope head...you should search for a 3rd ed thrope. They have less stuff attached to the head..and that head is already smooth, opposed to the 4th ed one.

Erwin & I went to both 40K stuff selling stores in Groningen and Erwin only bought 1 bottle of paint and I didn't buy anything at all but that is probably due to the enormous amount of nid stuff that I've got lying around. And Erwin has lot's of sm stuff waiting to be painted/converted or molested (hehe).

Happy New Year in advance to all the bloggie readers :P

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well apparently those lil 3-5 mini per box things are an xmas only thing (guess they are supposed to be stocking stuffers)... Although dang, at those prices.. just get the friggin squad size boxes... Now if they were like $10 - $15 AUD, then it be more worth it.. But at that price.. HECK NO!!

Yeah.. the 3rd Ed 'Thrope aint a bad idea, although the current one isnt too bad either.. Ill have a look on Ebay and see what is around, otherwise, Im not too worried about using the current 'Thrope.

Heh, no more 40K spending for me for a while, plus Ive got enough stuff to keep me occupied for the next 10 years... Unless next year sees a greater production in completed minis, in which it might only be about 8-9 years...

But yeah. Happy new year to all!! I might do a New Years post in a few.



-TAS