Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tyranid Update!!

Heh, now there is a title I didnt think I would be using anytime soon. Anyway, of the four undercoated models, TWO have been just given a heavy dry brushing of gunmetal metal (vallejo) or for you primary citadel users thats boltgun metal. So far its looking good, although after this, I dont think i ever want to do a Necron army. Funnily enough, I think this is the first time that my gunmetal actually came out in a decent consistency (shame I was only doing a heavy dry brush). But yeah, so far I am happy with how they are turning out. The next stage on both will be the black wash to dull down the metal, and for some insane reason I suddenly want to try a model with a light black wash AND flesh/brown wash. Hrmm, now I know why I made 4 'Nids on a stick. Hopefully ill get the black wash done tomorrow and from there, each 'nid will go down its own line of 'evolution'.

One 'Nid will receive a mithril-like (perhaps even chainmail) highlight and that will be it for the mini. I have a sneaking suspiscion it wont look as well as it sounds, but we'll see (also depends how well the black inking/washing works).

The second 'Nid will go down a more grey-based highlighting, particularly on the armor plating (chitin I believe is the more technical term), leaving the more 'fleshy' areas to remain in their gunmetal state.

Once both are done, the Chitin areas (at a minimum) will receive a varnish coat and we'll see how the others go.

But thats about it. Sadly enough, if I actually had converted nid parts ready, this could be the FASTED army I have painted in the 6 odd years I have been in this hobby.

Anyway, I need some zZzZz's since my biological clock has been inversed (?) or is it reversed? I lean towards inversed.. But yeah.. Sleep time now, hopefully ill get the ink/wash done tomorrow and I may have designed another scheme or two pending the progress of the current two.



-TAS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tssk biological clock..
going to sleep at 2am..getting up at 6am..going to the pub at noon, going back to sleep at 1pm..waking up at 3pm..going to college.
Who invented this biological clock anyway ^^

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Hell if I know who came up with the concept of the 'biological' clock cos mine is prety damn weird too!!


-TAS