Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tyranid Picture Update

On a completely unrelated note, this will be my 90th Blog post. Im wondering if I can hit the big 100 come the end of the year?

Anyway, I took a pic of the heavily drybrushed 'nids and well, the picture is misleading (and not in a bad way). For some uncanny reason, they look better in the pic than they do in real (they look perhaps TOO dry brushed in real). So yeah, here we go. Im also going to try and do that funky lil thing that Tobias did on his blog, cos I think it looks cool (I hope I dont lose clickibility though). If i do, Ill change the link or something..


Ok, so I managed to do the picture thing, but I get the feeling it wont be clickable *sighs*.

If not, Ill change it at a later date I guess for something a tad bit more clickable. But yeah, that image is misleading as they REALLY dont look THAT good!! Sadly enough, these pics are going to be the way i want my 'nids and table wise, they wont look anything like it. So yeah, we'll see how things go.


Anyway, thats it for this post. After I get some work done tonight, if I can still get some strength in me, Ill do up the black ink/wash phase.



-TAS


8 comments:

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Heh, it IS clickable!!! Of course the formatting looks a lil off, but oh well... Next time!!

But yeah, woo I guess...


-TAS

Erwin said...

girlish voice: OH MY GOD!
IT'S CLICKABLE!.....

anyhoo, what's with the "I'll be back" gaunts..... robo nids?
or d'you want that "alien"-alien feel?

Anonymous said...

erm..Erwin...where have you been for the past year..HE WANTS THE ALIEN THEME!

Anonymous said...

For heavens sake!!! if you make a clicky make it a target="_blanc"
it isn't that hard (hehe...clicky clicky). The first thing I did when I wanted to return to your blog was close the window with the clicky-ed pic...and tada..no more bloggie because there was no target blanc.
Rant rant rant. (what can I say..you did the same when I didn't make a clicky :P)

The pic's look cool. Now go experiment.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Awww, cute the boy a tad bit of slack Arjan, after all, he's having girl troubles ;)

But yeah Alien theme, not Terminatorids... I may have gone a bit overboard with the drybrushing, but we''ll see. Although I definitely DONT want to do a Necron army (well, not in the conventional metal anyway).

Meh, I just used the auto feature in blogger to do the pic, and I always right click and open in new tab with Firefox for pics :P But yeah, no more fancy layouts with pics lol, cos it makes things go funny.

Hopefully when I get back home ill find 5 odd minutes to do the ink/wash and maybe take another picture tomorrow.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I really need to check my blog more carefully before I post things on yours Tobias! :P

Heh, I wouldnt say Im updating my blog that often, although dude, if Im updating more than you chance trousers either 1. You love your trousers (never know, could be an excellent pair) or 2. dude, changing into fresh clean clothes WONT kill you :P

The 'nids do look good, but the weird thing is they look ALOT better in the pic than they do normally!! Usually pics make things to look worse than they are. I agree its an original look, even the Alien themed armies Ive seen here and there, surprisingly dont hit the metallic scheme at all. So yeah, Im hoping they still work out ok *crosses fingers*.

However, I do agree with you about the Purity Seal once they are done, as Im hoping it will give them that nice 'wet' look for sure. Also wanna try and make some 'slime' as well. Some folk say using PVA glue does the trick so Im hoping to give that a bit of a try.


-TAS

Anonymous said...

try it on a e-bay model first.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Thats the plan dude, since I wont be getting any fresh 'Nid models for a while.




-TAS