Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lil Mini Post...

So Im kinda bored at "work" atm, so I thought I would do a mini post to help pass some of the time away. Havent done the dry brush later of Cold Grey to the test SoB model yet, but hopefully I'll get that done tonight without any problems. Shouldnt take too long either being a dry brush, plus Im just adding a bit of color again to that black wash, so it shouldnt take too long at all. If the paint dries and I have enough time, Might even do a dry brush of the stone wall grey too, and then I can see how "off" my photoshop grey and actual grey were. I suspect it will be a bit, as the photoshop grey has a slight purple tint to it, so it looks like Lavender.

Picked up the latest WD and well, Im actually tempted to get some of the BT plastics once they are released. A fair few pieces would be very handy for My Angels of the Lion army, and being plastic, it will be very easy to remove any existing BT symbols and do whatever from there. Otherwise, there wasnt alot of interesting stuff, the main decent 40K segment in it aside from the BT preview stuff was probably the Nemesis Kill Teams which looked pretty interesting.

Anyway, thats about it. Hopefully tonight Ill have another post and happy snap of the next stage on the SoB painting. Im HOPING Tobias will find that post again and do a vote on the robe color before I get up to that part :P




-TAS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don´t know about your WD but ours was crap, pure and simple.

Lord of the Ass-ring was at the front of the (toilet-) paper and took up too much space (i.e. more than one page) and the Farty K stuff was useless...
Kill Team is fun and all but I don´t like Kill-Team articles taking up space each and every issue for something that´s just a fun setting for when you have nothing else to do.

The Orks stuff was oaky (ofcourse! 8-) ) but other than that and the lack of a propa´ battle report it was crap...

I hardly read the mag anymore... :(

End rant...

Those Eight-Ball guy´s bitz sounds like a cooladdition for your Dark Angels-successors, I agree. Do you know how they will sell those bitz after the initial release..? Mail order only or in boxes to "pimp" your Black Templars..?

Can´t wait to see the next stage of your Sister ;) and I will actually put a little effort into finding that poll-post now.... ;P

Take care mate!

Tobias

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more Tobias! The UK WD has seen and probably will see a crapload of LotR. And it's not as if that community is that big. The 300th edition of WD is a VERY good example of how 40K is surpressed (about 13 pages iirc in a total ..of A LOT of pages).

@ Chris: hope to see the new pics up soon.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I agree that WD hasnt been too crash hot with all this LotR shit.. Its starting to get a tad bit boring and I wish they had done all that stuff outside of the WD magazine (seperate out the two markets). Like the 40K stuff has been ok when its in there, and with the release of the Wood Elves, ive been finding Ive been looking at the fantasy stuff more, as the Wood Elves stuff isnt too bad (mainly cos I could see using some of the models in My current armies).

The BT stuff does indeed sound cool, and I think after their initial release they go into a weird ass BT box (from what I last heard). If they go mail order only, I think Ill be semi pissy, but I suspect it will become shelvable boxes after their initial release. Essentially expansion packs that way its still easy to purchase the major hard core marine armies and get the other main bits as well. Which aint bad, means Marine stuff will be a literal bonanza of bits.

Ill see what I can do about the pic, since Im now stuck on the secondary computer in this house, it makes things a tad bit difficult to say the least, but Ill endeavor on to show My progress here for sure.



-TAS