Thursday, April 13, 2006

And the Hills were alive, with the sound of Dakka Fire!!!

Well Howdy Y'all!!! So yeah, I thought I would put the spark of life back into this blog a bit!! Especially now that the B&C has restored itself, its only "natural" that my 40K stuff would too.. So what has happened as of late?


- I finished DoW. It wasnt that bad a game, a few funny moments here and there (the Eldar Avatar is REALLY stupid), and I'm sure there are a few more that I just cant recall atm. The end of the game was actually a bit disappointing to be honest, I thought there would be more to it, but oh well, such is GW I guess. So yeah, NEEDING a new game *glares at Erwin and Arjan* GIVE ME MY F.E.A.R. !!!!

- Finished reading the Blood Angels Black Library Saga... Basically, KICK ASS BOOKS!! I recommend the books to anyone, whether they are Blood Angels fans or not. Story was written beautifully, and the use of only two novels to do it worked VERY well (not too short, but not too long and dragged out). I've recentlyed acquired Faith and Fire (written by the same person that did the BA books) and I'm still quite impressed. Story is written very well, and its nice to see the SoB in a book of their own (semi sparked me to look at my own SoB and ponder).

- Been slowly touching the few Grey Hunters on my table here and there, so they will slowly get there.

- Started painting up my first Thousand Sons mini and yeah, it aint too bad. Oddly enough, painting Chaos Marines might actually be quicker than normal marines. The only thing i hate about the mini is the chest section which is cluttered with crap, so that will take some time for sure.

- Did some more GS work TONIGHT!! The front of the first 'Nid has been "blinded" and all I need to do is add in some finishing details that I'll leave til later on. Also did some more work on the robed AotL Sgt and well, it isnt as bad as some robe work Ive seen in the past, but I think I was wrong to think I could out sculpt a GW sculpter. However, it still looks ok, and by working layer over layer (thinly of course) it hasnt bulked up the robe so it looks bulky etc. So there is hope yet. I might end up taking some pics later on as the GS hardens some more, or leave it til tomorrow so I dont accidently damage the GS.

Also got some more magnets on their way here (200 of them) so that will be nice. Im getting a nice lil collection of magnets to work with which really helps.

Now if only I could paint etc as fast as I read; I only bought Faith and Fire on tuesday/wednesday-ish and its thursday now and Ive already gone through about close to 2/3s of the book (its that good).


So Ill leave it with that for now and hopefully there will be more updates as time goes by.





-TAS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you will be forced to paint and talk about it the whole eastern period.

I won't get my hands on the 40k bits that we would send along with FEAR untill sunday.

I will kick Rico if he has some spare old style bolters left..
I still don't have my copy of Xenology..I don't know when I will have time to go to Amsterdam :S

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Ugh.. nooo... Ur going to make me paint and what not for the WHOLE TIME!?!?! Psssht, good thing I have a few other things to take care of this weekend.

So out of curiousity, what bits am i looking at? I recall mentioning some of those old style bolters that came with the bikers. Erwin DENIED me extra purity seals, and random 'Nid bits is all i can think of since u wont give me talons :P

Yeah. kick rico!! see if he has any purity seals as well (that he doesnt need).

Heh, my copy of Xenology is still on layby, ill probably try and get it within the next month or so? Not sure yet...


-TAS

Anonymous said...

well..I think we've got some eldar bodies for you.

I will see how many racks of gaunt guns I want to keep myself..and then send stuff.

I'll ask Rico for purity seals..although most of the time he glues on more seals then Erwin.

btw..I re-based some carnifex arms. I still need to buy new BBone before I can move it up to the next stage.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Mmmm Eldar Bodies, fresh i hope? None of this glued stuff >.< Any news on some tau and necron bits??

I won't need too many gaunt guns, so if u dont want to pass up on any, you dont have to, since ive got enough devourers to arm a whole fleet WITHOUT needing to buy actual 'Nid boxes.

Gawd damnit, WHY does everyone use purity seals >.< And to think i thought Erwin was bad...

Mmm Carnifex arms.. Yes, go get some Bleached Bone, just not anytime soon...


-TAS