Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Lil, Lil Update

I want my F.E.A.R. :P



That aside, been doing alot of minor work here and there, mainly modelling aspects like getting bits and pieces for my Thousand Sons, attempting to clean mold lines off PEWTER minis (which is a pain) and working on my lil quick guide on 'How to make a Modular Immolator Mk II Turret'. So far is going well, all the required plastic parts have been cleaned up (to the best of my ability and without carving stuff INTO the plastic). Ive got a lil metal plate with the magnets ready, so its just a case of marking up the magnets, taking pictures, putting them in and then making a minor modification to the turret mount itself and that will be the immolator done. The next stage will be to make a modular rhino/immolator, although im pondering if i want to make that with a second plastic canopy or just use a regular bit of tank spure (undecided). By that stage, im hoping to look at doing the plastic battle sister conversion and we'll see how that goes.


Painting wise, not doing a great deal at this point in time. Might slap some more coats of paint onto the Thousand Sons mini (and take pics) and see what i can do about that nice lil Hormagaunt i have going. For the sake of argument i probably wont augment it with any biomorphs and just make at a later stage in time a Hormagaunt brood with toxin sacs, since the basic hormagaunt (from what i can tell) is still a nasty lil creature to contend with.


Thats about it for now.





-TAS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

basic hormy: nasty stick around as long as you keep winning CC or have synapse around. If you lose CC...don't get outnumbered it helps ;)

the + s or ws or I is just an extra kick. I run them basic..but I am thinking about building a set of S4's..or I could just 'proxy' the sacs and try it.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well ill make sure when the day comes, ill keep that in mind :P


The I and WS, im not too worried about, after all they are equivalent to the standard marine in those areas. Its only the S that i would worry about. Although after looking at their stat line.. Why do they have a BS value?

Which reminds me, I got a pic of the WIP Hormie, so ill either put pics up in a few ticks or tomorrow.


-TAS