Sunday, January 01, 2006

98th Post (First of 2006)

So here is a NEW year (again), and this blog is still happily motoring on. In about 18 days time, my blog will be 1 year old, so I still have plenty of time to pass the 100 post count :P

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable end of 2005 celebration, I know I did (well it wasnt TOO bad) and I had some fun, had some drinks and didnt wake up with a hang over...

Anyway.. enough about that... What will 2006 bring for my armies??

Dark Angels/Angels of the Lion
After seeing a thread at warseer(?) any and all work on these guys are suspended til the end of this year for when the new codex gets released. GW have already started producing concept art for the DA, and dang, the images are FINALLY lining up with our background, although GW DID go the route of making the DA plasma happy... Nonetheless, I will still do some concept art of my own and see if I can still have some of my models up to par with the new stuff coming out, as I dont want too much of a horrid 'edition' gap in the army. So until the end of the year, there wont be alot of DA related stuff coming out, unless I know I can execute it well and have it up to par with the new 4th ed material.

Space Wolves (and 13th Company)
Although I dread the release of the 4th Ed material as my wolves will probably look funny and weird, this aside, these folk WILL continue as planned. Since I have made it a point to convert them more, the eventual 4th ed SW release HOPEFULLY wont hit my minis too hard. So as long as I keep converting them up, they should be fine. As for the 13th Co, they will be heavily converted, using Chaos Warriors as the base model. So when the 4th ed stuff come out, I can probably still be quite happy that the army looks quite unique and varied enough to stay within the artistic limits that GW will come out with. When will these guys get started? Well since my DA/AotL are on the back burner, this will give me a bit more time to work on these folk.

Emperor's Children
With attention on armies this year changing, Im hoping to go back to basics with the EC. Although the initial stuff IS ok, things after my SW work, have made the EC look pretty basic and boring. Thus, I am hoping to redo my EC army, and make them up to the level i had intended them to be at. With that in mind, ill probably start doing up some new design artwork to really get alot of my ideas down onto paper and start creating models to tailor to those images.

Thousand Sons
Unlike my EC, Im quite happy with the general look of the TS. Although I am being very selective with bits and what icons are and are not on the mini, overall conversion to these guys will be relatively minimal. Thus I hope to see a bit of a start in my TS over the upcoming months.

Sisters of Battle
Given that these are all friggin pewter minis, converting wont exactly be easy as pie. However, with my view on basing, Im quite certain I can still give these models a bit of personality, and with some minor conversions, do ok. Given that the color scheme has been finalized, I do hope to get more of these girls done over the year.

Tyranids
My newest army, which thus far has probably got the EASIEST paint scheme of all my armies. The only thing to keep in mind is that highlighitng WILL be key to bring out these minis. Converting wise, this army will be a challenge as I am going for a specific visual theme, which will be accomplished by both the look of the mini itself AND the way the mini has been based to add for more 'psychological fear'. I suspect these guys will be a slow mover, but I hope to see some decent work come mid-year.



Man.. I have too many armies... Will I start anymore in 2006? I would hope not... Started enough in 2005 as it is.... Although I dont like forcing myself to, I also want to bring back my monthly goal system, as it was some what rewarding when I actually FINISHED one... So with that in mind:

January 2006 Goals:

- Completion of Tyranid Paint Scheme
- Completion of TWO more Grey Hunters (minimum)
- Completion of model clean up for my Wolf Scouts
- Completion of first Battle Sister mini (base remaining).
- TWO pages of Design art for the Emperor's Children
- Completion of first Thousand Sons mini



Doesnt seem like a big list, but for me, that list WILL take a good month to plow through..

But that is it ladies and gents, the gauntlet has been laid down for 2006, time to get to work!




-TAS

3 comments:

Arjan said...

somehow the comments disappeared :S
Or did someon throw them in the trashcan???

Erwin said...

man TAS you suffer from "OOHNEWARMYIMUSTHAVEITACTUALLYI-
GOTTAHAVETHEMALL"-desease

But fer now I'll wish ye good luck and a prosperous '06!

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I only just saw the comments today... As far as Im concerned, nothing has been deleted....

Well I dont want ALL the armies... Orks.. Eldar... Tau... Dark Eldar.. not too worried about.. Well... maybe Eldar.. but that is ages from now anyway... But Im quite happy with the armies I have right now...

Nonetheless, I hope this year is pretty good one, at least compared to last year.


-TAS