Saturday, January 14, 2006

Wow, ANOTHER Mini Update!

I post more daily than Erwin does.. Perhaps I should rename my blog the Daily Realm of 40K and GW :P

Anyway, Im just going to do this as a run down list of each army, or else ill get lost.


Space Wolves:

Slowly progressing on the "pack leader" model. So far, so good, although painting Sombre Grey is starting to bore me just a WEE bit. Hopefully by the end of next week, ill have another Grey Hunter done, which means COMPLETION OF THE GREY HUNTER JANUARY GOAL! Also started slapping some Sombre Grey on another Hunter, so yeah, things are getting there. Did a bit more work on the scouts, and covered up the lil 'slits' in the bases (I wanted to use up some of the "slut-a-bases" as i bought a bag worth. The holes for pins have been drilled in all 6 scouts, so ill probably within the next day or two, putty up the bases before i start posing the legs so i know what im working with. Also did some minor clean up and cutting up work on my future Battle Leader, although I need to do some plastic moving, so Im going to try out this hot water and bending trick and see if I can move the cape for the Battle Leader without damaging the plastic too much. Otherwise, thats about it.

Tyranids:

Having done a great deal, although I know I want to bend the Hormagaunt tail slightly, so ill do that at the same time I try bending the Battle Leader's Cape. Probably going to try and do some more GS work tonight and patch up the head and do some minor work on the base to give it some basic bulk and slowly build in the details. Otherwise, thats about it on that end.

Angels of the Lion:

The actual idea was to NOT touch these guys til the release of the codex, but after the renewed activity at the AotL forum, I guess I had to join along. The Vet Sgt model has been assembled (head, torso and legs) and the legs have been repositioned slightly and fixed up with GS. Tonight, if i do end up doing GS work, ill start on the first phase of the robes (which should be interesting). I havent a clue HOW its going to turn out, so im keeping my fingers crossed. Otherwise, thats about it, since I am trying to keep this army fairly minimized throughout the year.

Thousand Sons:

GS work is done (all I did was patch up the leg). Up to the undercoating stage, which i swear, is NEVER easy on metal, so next time, Im so slapping on some primer before painting the black on. Should be an interesting break from all the Sombre Grey of the Wolves.

Other Armies:

Squat all!!!



So im about to hit half way through Jan, and so far, the goals are still roughly on target. Ill try and get some pics later on of the current looking Nid paint scheme, and stick to that. Only thing I really need to control for future reference is black wash strength, but thats about it really. The EC design work might get a bit behind, but I have started on a few pages of designs, its just that none of them are really "filled up".

So thats the update done, check back in later as I should have some pics of the Nids done.




-TAS

5 comments:

Erwin said...

why you keep calling these "mini" posts?
Htey're friggin BIG.

Anyway good to hear you're doing good work on your armies.

I'll do some stuff tomorrow. First I gotta get to a match and a party today. cya

Anonymous said...

What Erwin said.

PICS!!!! w00t.
I'm remodeling the base of one of my leaping warriors atm because ..it fell of last weekend. I decided that it was a good opportunity to remodel the base somewhat.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Hrmm, thats a good point.. Even I noticed these "mini" posts are rather large.. Oh well.. to hell with the mini, tis just an update!!

Heck, Im glad Im getting stuff done, the last few weeks have been more productive than well, probably the last 6 months of last year...

Anyway, pics in a lil while *yes, yes!!*

Arjan, you REALLY gotta like stop having Your Nids fall down.. First the Tyrant.. Now a Warrior? Well, at least on the good news its progressing from the superior Nids to the inferior ones... Although it would be funny if you had a gaunt fall down and it broke....

Oh, and as a small B&C update, from one of the Mods, I was told it would be back "soon". It may be back as early as this weekend, but TRY not stake your life on it.. Id still give it another week or so..



-TAS

Anonymous said...

well it didn't fell from the table or something..but it was just 'top heavy' and fell over slowly and got separated of the base.
Falling gaunts...had that plenty of times. Arms tend to break off at the socket.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Tisk tisk.. This is why you need to bulk up the base to act as a counter-weight!!

Thank goodness I actually sculpt on half my bases now, as falling down syndrome isnt much of a problem now.


-TAS