Sunday, November 02, 2008

Bearers of the Word...

Well after some subtle mental manipulation and suggestions I've officially made a proper Word Bearers test mini. All the plastic has been cleaned up, I've done some GS work to give it a bit more character (so that's currently drying). Tomorrow i hope to try and get some of the base work done on the left arm becaue i want to try and see if i can reproduce the WB motiff that i tried back in 2006 when i did my first WB test mini (which was more of a test than what i've made now). Thus far have one core marine done and all the parts out for my Dark Apostle. Mind you I still need to clean up all the bits for that, which should take a while...

However, fear not, the Angelius and Shredder have not been forgotten, but since I wasn't going to make the competition deadline, I did sideline them, however I will try to get some more paint work done on the Shredder since I want to have a better idea on the paint scheme and technique before I even try slapping more paint onto the Angelius.



-eTAS

2 comments:

Arjan said...

oh my..testmini's..as long as they don't become as thick as the TSOALR test-mini ;) Looking forward to pics.
btw..my Ravener's done and pics are up.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Nah... This is why i did the WB test mock up back in '06 to get a vague idea of how i would paint it. This '08 mock up is more of an actual proper test mini using proper parts.

I'll have to make sure i take a peak at the Ravener.


-eTAS