Saturday, November 08, 2008

Picture Update!

Just a few snaps of what's going on in addition to my general commentary about them.



Shredder:
- The blue shading does not look THAT strong. I suspect the flash has intensified the darker color over the lighter one, but with the normal eye, it is more subdued.
- That's about my only quirk with the picture...








Word Bearer:
- The legion symbol and the flame motiff in this case was an epic fail and my work from '06 looked alot better. Given how poor it looks i probably will repaint the shoulder and then PRACTICE doing both motiffs before applying it again to a model.
- The loin cloth work is so-so. Looks ok, but i'm still not convinced with it, although since it's only black right now, that may not be helping either. Still not sure how folks manage to work with GS for tabbards and the like, but boy, would i love to know how.
- You'll have to wait for the next picture update to see the wrist mounted Bolter....











-eTAS

2 comments:

Arjan said...

I'm not sure how much I like the Shredder model itself..it kinda reminds me of old termagants..
nice painting though.

as for the wordbearer, you following post proves you could do better :)

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Oddly enough i'm not having any odd flashbacks to the old 'gant models (although they did look pretty bleh looking). I still think the shredders are cute!



-eTAS