Monday, May 08, 2006

Just a small Update.

Nothing exceptionally important for this update since I havent done a great deal.

Slowly started on the Modular Rhino/Immolator guide for the SoB (taken a pic of the parts from the sprue required). I guess if i really sat down and did the guide, it would probably be finished in a day or two. So i might try and do some work on it tonight.

Cleaned up a few more Battle Sister models, including drilling out the bolters/storm bolters which i must say is NOT fun, especially since its pewter stuff. But yeah, its going pretty ok, although considering i want a squad of 15 Sisters, yeah, this could take some time (and boy is it not fun cleaning pewter models). After the Modular tank guide is finished, Im tempted to make DIY Faith Point markers, which will probably be a lil bit of work since this will be a GS tutorial, or if you can afford it, just buy like 10 SoB vehicle sprues and that will easily get the job done, although thats alot of extra stuff you dont really need, especially in the area of weapons, but oh well.

Although it IS a pain, Im going to try and focus on my Sisters for a while and see how much I can get done on them before needing a chance of pace. Havent been touching the 'Nids alot, mainly since alot of that stuff is GS based, so when i start the Faith Counter tutorial, Ill try and get some more 'Nid work done then, so in saying that, I guess I should switch between cleaning up Battle Sister models and cleaning up 'Nid models (which are 10x easier than the SoB models anyway).

Might try and do some painting later this week (we'll see). Trying to get some decent sleep habits back since im pretty settled with work, but yeah, it isnt working as well as i would like it to. Also debating if i want to do anything for the 'Gathering of Angels' competition in lead up for the Medusa V campaign. The competition isnt too difficult, its just finding the time to work on the models and do all that jazz (since we ALL know how slow a painter and converter I am). But we'll see. I might try and get some 400 pt armies sorted out for Medusa of some sort. Perhaps not the Sisters, since 400 pts seems small, but we'll see.

Otherwise, thats this lil update finished.





-TAS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pewter is bad hmmkeej.

sleeping habits and work...hush...
I had to get up at 5.45 am this morning...pfft. It's a wonder I didn't collapse today. Normally I sleep in the bus for about 30 minutes..but I was too busy reading the newspaper.

I did finish some basic hormagaunts this weekend.

in other news: LOL @ the handicapped icon. Didn't see that one before. Maybe I will try it next time...in case I'm to lazy to look at the irritating word verification code.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yeah.. what IS with that handicapped icon.. I dont get it at all.. Vision impaired??

Yeah Pewter is pretty bad, but the last few Sisters ive been cleaning up have been pretty straight forward (surprisingly). I think I got another two cleaned up last night, so i have 5 Sisters cleaned up and ready to go and one Repentia.

Well, i have an 8am shift on saturday, and keeping in mind I finish at 8pm the previous night, so yeah, that isnt fun at all either. I felt REALLY sluggish on saturday for most of the shift. Tonight ill probably get some work done on the Modular tank and maybe get some of the bases done for the Sisters. As for my 'Nids, we'll see, i might go back to cleaning up plastic for the ease of it.



-TAS

Anonymous said...

the package MIGHT just be send tomorrow.

I didn't see Rico (and his 40k bits) yesterday cause I strained a muscle in my leg..hurts and didn't go to training.

But I've got everything else overhere ready to be packaged & send.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

w00t that is GOOD news.. Man, i should have waited for the Eldar bits and spent my money on another box set (yeah, I got some guardians, but oh well, the more bits the merrier, plus ill probably want to keep SOME of them for my future Eldar army).

That being said, w00tness!!


-TAS