Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Slowly making progress.

Started on the base coating step for my Sisters, and so far its going ok. As i have no found out, having a small production line isnt actually a bad thing at all. Although i havent completed the base coating on a single mini as of yet, I have started painting up 3 models thus far (painting Battle Sisters versus regular plastic marines is not as easy as it looks). As for WIP shots, we'll see how things go, maybe when they look a bit more neater ill take a pic or two.

The Faith Counter tutorial is semi on hold atm due to time limits since its at the GS phase (well i knew in advance that this be the trickiest part of the tutorial). Hopefully by the end of the week ill start up the next GS phase (which reminds me I should take pics).

Slowly rebuilding my EC again with alot more options happening this time around now that I have magnets to play with (and more confident about modelling and GS (to a degree)). I'm also recyclying some of my previous minis that didnt make it that far the painting phase to try and work out a way to paint a semi decent pink without having to run into the realm of mixing (as that WILL drive me crazy and insane). The idea of having to keep making mixes with different tones (not intentionally of course) is a bit of a con in my books.

Ive also become interesting in the B&C Space Hulk AoD, so I might dust off some of my older Terminators and see what I can do with them. It wont be too overly fancy, since alot of folks are using the new style terminators which do look gorgeous, but Im not in the mood just yet to folk out $60 (post 10% discount) on a box of termies for the SH AoD. If i can convert my older termies slightly and still have them look ok and useful for my AotL army, then all the more power to me.

Hopefully have a bit of a more meaningful post come the end of the week, and I also need to check on the Lion Guard colors for the AotL. If it is as easy as i think it is, then painting them up shouldnt be too difficult at all... It's just modelling the buggers that will be a pain.




-TAS

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

well..at the moment you're not hearing me about progress. I haven't painted anything in 2 weeks. I might be able to find some time next weekend..but pfft study leaves not that much time. Especially cause I've just been away for 5 days.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well i hadnt painted anything in a while either, and even now its pretty slow progress. And with all these lil side projects here and there, yeah... Very time consuming to say the least.

That reminds me I picked up Xenology today :P Not too bad, i think the Lone Wolves Graphic Novel and the HH Vol III book will prove to be more interesting.



-TAS

Erwin said...

getting interested in something? So that's what you call ebing forced into a side project by OwlandMoonGuy >.<

Anyway, goodluck with that! (oi.. discount? How's that?)

As for the pink... isn;t there a valejo pink that'd work wel enough, or don't they sell that shizz near you?

Arjan said...

you've spent too much time in the books!!!
1: he's got discount for ages (membership thing)
2: he only uses vallejo!
3: isn't there a Revell or other modelling pink paint?

or heavens forbid...citadel ^^

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Heaven forbid Citadel indeed, except for their inks (although Vallejo DO have inks out now too haha).

And yeah.. Arjan summed up my paint status and my discount status :P


And yeah Vallejo have 'Tentacle Pink' which is the equivalent to Citadel's pink (cant recall the name of it now).


Well Obliterator got me stuck into my SoB and OMG got me stuck into this Hulk business, so yeah... The B&C is a bad place for peer pressure :P j/k

In other news: The package arrived today Gentlemen, many thanks for that. And very clever for using a paint pot for a bits container... Ill see what I can do about F.E.A.R. - Ill try and install it tonight, unless it says i have insufficient h/d space.....




-TAS

Anonymous said...

well...lack of h.d. space????

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yes.. lack of H/D space is evil, although i can probably free some up in the next few days as i burn stuff to cd. Although pay day IS next week, so I might look into more intensively getting an external h/d (which will free up ALOT more space) which will be a big relief AND ill be able to see if F.E.A.R. will work (since even now, I have no idea).



-TAS

Arjan said...

update??

have you heard anything of Tobias?
Or is he to busy visiting B&C and having a normal life ;)

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Umm, im not sure if he's having a normal life, but he is quite active on the B&C :P


And as for an update, WAIT WILL YE!! Goodness, i was going to get one done :P



-TAS