Saturday, May 20, 2006

Good News..... and some Bad News....

And in any case one of you weirdos was wondering, no i was NOT fired from work!!


Anyway, lets start with the GOOD news.

- Touched up the undercoat on the Sisters and they look pretty good to go (and about time).
- Cleaned up the main Rhino components for the Rhino/Immolator.
- Started the first phase of the GS work on the Faith Counter markers
- Did some more robe work on my AotL Vet Sgt

The BAD news....

- My GS skills are semi lacking, so im not fully happy with some of the GS stuff Ive done today, but ehh, its a start and at least it doesnt look excessively bad (it could be ALOT worse).
- The more I think about it, the harder it is to really make a proper modular Rhino/Immolator without an extra plastic canopy (why cant GW just stick two in there or one with the Exorcist when it was in stock). So yeah, my only way to get some bonus puppies of these would be to go via mail order... So yeah, this worsens my problem as I dont have a CC and I dont think GW will be moving to paypal payments in the near future.
- I have random ideas for an Exorcist conversion based on the Immolator.. Suffice to say, my brain hurts with all these ideas.
- I want to re-start my Emperor's Childrens (not a good sign at all since Ive committed my time and efforts to my SoB). However, given that the redevelopment will take AGES, it isnt too bad so I could TRY to run a simultaneous 400 pt EC army along side my SoB for the Tale of X Gamers. I also have ideas for the bases which is good although I MAY need to go back to paint testing again since Im looking at abandoning the purple and move to the contemporary pink/black (unless i cant pull it off at all, in which ill go back to purple). Although I do want to keep some bits of purple here and there (plus this is Slaanesh, I can be a mini riot of colors with a similar color spectrum).


Thats pretty much where it is at for the time being. I might do a bit more painting although i DO want to catch up on sleep since I had work this morning and I dont want to still be awake at midnight tonight as I do want to get a good nights sleep.


Hmm.. i MIGHT have to use some of my contacts in the USA to do me a favor or two and see if they have a paypal account so i can pay them back, cos yeah, this is getting retardededed...


At least I dont feel too worried about my SW, TS and 'Nids atm......




-TAS

5 comments:

Erwin said...

That is your bad news? hmm well, you are a wierd one at that. Anyway a shortage of proper bits is always a disaster when it comes to converting your own stuff (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PUT MORE MARINE SCOPES IN THEM BOXES!)

I've checked out the itme list that goes with the GW exorcist. DAYUM that thing must way a frikkin' ton! All that pewter!

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Yeah, the Exorcist isnt a light box (but it isnt excessively heavy either). But yeah, since its now mail order only, making exorcists isnt easy, but hey, it isnt too difficult to convert and i have a few ideas for when i want to make a second one.

But yeah, extra bits would be nice in boxes, although I would have thought with the new Marine kits, that there would be an abundance of stuff? Or is it worse than the previous stuff? Cos the last kit wasnt too bad with having extra odds and ends.


-TAS

Erwin said...

well you do get a plastic power weapon (two kinds axe/sword) a powerfist (iirc though cause I took everything out of the frame :P) a bionic chainsword arm and a normal, three different sarge heads. and plastic plasma gun and melta. some other stuff too, but a gigantic lack of scopes. You get up to three scopes per box iirc :(

Anonymous said...

I'll reply properly..when I'm properly awake again.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well its good to see you survived Austra Arjan :D


Hmm, the marine box isnt as full of tid bits as I thought it was and being scopes, it isnt exactly easy to mail order them....

Y'know you could try and make your own you lazy git :P



-TAS