Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Darn.. "Peer Pressure" is Evil!!

Since It would be nice to actually have an actual legal and playable army, I have given into what I claim to be "peer pressure" and signed up for the 'Tale of X Gamers' at the B&C. Although, for my sake I didnt set a target of 2000 pts, cos as we ALL know, I'd be here til 2009, PLUS some...

Anyway, Ive signed up my Sisters of Battle for a target size of 400 - 500 pts. Mainly cos I know I dont have that many playable stuff available to me (that works) as I dont think a squad of Repentia in under 1000 pts is really tactically sound (unless the idea of the army is to be insane). Later on (perhaps via an edit of this post) I'll put up a general idea of the list I'm hoping to achieve (and yes, it probably will be variable as I'm sure I'll make magnetic Veteran Sister Superiors).

Im sure it will be an interesting experience as I'll try to make use of all these Eldar bits to make some plastic Sisters (daring I know) to help bulk out what limited models I have and create ALOT more variety of models. So keep an eye out here, as I'm sure there will be alot of interesting things to be seen and hopefully I'll get my target ACHIEVED so maybe come Medusa V I'll actually be able to PLAY a few games!

*EDIT*

So I sat down and made a very brief list of what I wanted to get done in my estimated target size, and surprisinly enough, it wasnt alot (although 26 models for under 500 pts, I didnt think was a BAD thing).

Ill also try to have some of my VSSs magnetized for a few more options without having to make additional models (since they arent exactly cheap to come by).

HQ:

Canoness: Cloak of St Aspira, Blessed Weapon, Book of St Lucius, Bolt Pistol
Total: 101 pts.

Alternatively, I might give her an Inferno Pistol over the Bolt Pistol, thus making her final points cost 115 pts.

Battle Sisters, Squad 1: 10 Sisters, 2x Meltaguns, VSS, Book of St Lucius, Sarissa
Total: 154 pts

Battle Sisters, Squad 2: 15 Sisters, 2x Storm Bolters, VSS, Book of St Lucius, Storm Bolter
Total: 204 pts

I also made another variant of Squad 2 that had the VSS with a Book of St Lucius and Sarissa for a total of 199 pts, although Ill probably be more inclined to take the option with the VSS w/ Book of St Lucius + Storm Bolter due to the overall feel of the squad.

It isnt a bad start (admitedly small yes) but its got alot of space to expand. After i replenish my models (or learn to make kick ass conversions) Ill work on adding in a Retributor squad and probably a Celestians squad as well for the Canoness, which Id imagine will get me close to 1000 pts.


-TAS

3 comments:

Erwin said...

meh, damn you countries with an abundacne of GW-shops!

anywa, goodluck, I'll be following you guys on the forums closely :P
I've already seen some good stuff. (note: "some")

cya,
E

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I wouldnt say we have an abundance of GW shops, afterall, we only have 3 in WA as it is :P Note that Ive only been to two, and of one of them, Ive only been once. I should also add, Ive never bought anything from an actual GW store in a fairly long time :P


Ill be doing majority of my in depth updates here on my blog rather than the thread at the B&C (afterall, its why my blog exists). If i remember, im sure ill do some random shout outs.




-TAS

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I also realised I could probably make a magnetic jump pack for the Canoness for the days she wants to spend some time with the Seraphim.



-TAS