Sunday, April 13, 2008

Written stuff about the 'D&A"

So i gave things a bit more thought and went back and decided that to hell with the non-metal sections of Gaspy, lets make EVERYTHING metal!! I had my wonderful 'PP sponsor' aka the foul citizen that got me hooked into PP :P have a look at the pics and he thought that going the bronze look for other areas was a good idea, so i thought, yeah, to heck with the non-metal looks, lets go back and do this properly. Plus i rationalised this in my brain thinking, this is the Iron Kingdoms... Steam Powered Combat.... ASPHYXIOUS IS A FREAKING IRON LICH!!!! So yeah, went back over the non metal bits that i had done the other day with black, so later on i'll probably hit them up with the bronze, as well as get started on the rest of Gaspy's bronze areas.

I also started slapping on the black onto Denny's arm, since that will actually be quite easy to do, especially her actual arm which is a case of slap on black, slap on metal, slap on inks, voila!! I still need to figure out what to do with Denny's base as i want to get the model plopped onto the base asap, since it will make painting easier than what it is currently (since i have learned from Gaspy, that yes, i can paint whilst the model is on its base).

So hopefully by the end of tonight i will have the bronze coat done on Gaspy for where it is needed, get the metal work done on Denny's arm, blue ink her main body and assuming i do all this in a decent order, hopefully get the purple ink done onto her arm (which i guess means, first thing i paint will be her arm to allow for drying times etc etc). Other than that, things are going well thus far. The fact I have painted this much, in what seems to be a week or two is unbelievable.

I also have some FW models that i can do some color tests on as well, although some of the models were really hard to strip the paint off, not sure why either. I know usually a few hours of being dunked in brake fluid, the paint just peels off with ease, but some of the models, well suffice to say, i have NO IDEA what the dude painted them in. Fortunately these are only paint tests, so its fine.

I've also been looking at my Thousand Sons Aspiring Sorcerer and i still feel quite annoyed at the robes. I may possibly go back and redo those to a more acceptable level, as i am NOT thrilled with them. Plus i did an "ok" job and doing mixing for Gaspy, so, I guess i could go back and try to mix up some paint for the Sorcerer's robes and try and make them more blended i guess.

Anyway, thats me done for this lil textual spot. Not sure if i will have pics of Denny and Gaspy tonight, but i suspect in the next day or two there will be images!



-eTAS

No comments: