Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A 'D' and 'A'

No a D&A isn't a Dark Angels viewing i'm afraid :P Although some of that MAY occur in the near future *nods*.

More pics of Deneghra and Asphyxious actually! Yeah I know, i'm going crazy on the painting, it's really weird. And oddly enough, it's helped to work out some of that kink in my neck/shoulder that has been bothering me all day.

Anyway, less babble today and more pics! Although why Gaspy's skull looks yellow-ish, I don't know but it was painting in 'Plague Brown' (one of my favourite colors since my AotL Terminator Robe incident).

Also nice to see how the purple/blue tint is now coming through in his armor. Not sure when Denny will get the same treatment as i might want to work on her skin before then (well whats left of it). I'm also thinking i should really try to work on her base so i can actually GLUE her to something versus having her floating around on the lil model holder, since i can manage to paint fairly ok given Gaspy has been glued to his base (which is coming out quite nicely). I also really want to re-develop my painting station since i've got like paints from 4 different ranges and it's hard to figure out what i have when they are in containers.

Anyway, as i said, less banter, more pic display today.















-eTAS

3 comments:

Arjan said...

looking at Asphyxious, I somehow just want to buy Warmachine/Hordes models to paint. I really like the model and I like your painting.

I'm curious to see how Denny will come out. I like the painting, but somehow her 'helmet' reminds me of a joker.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I distinctly recall you saying, when you first saw the Gaspy model that you didn't think he was a very 'serious' model, so i like how your opinion has swayed, even with my attempt at painting!

In fact i'm still more impressed with Gaspy than i am Denny, then again, i never was great at painting flesh tones.

I've done a little bit of work since these pics, but I suspect the next pic update won't be until later this weekend. Hopefully by that stage, i might be up to the evil stage of highlighting Gaspy's robe and pick out some of the details to break up the current mass of colored metal.




-eTAS

Arjan said...

yeah before he had a kind of 'Carnifex-smiley face' ;)