Monday, April 07, 2008

Asphyxious Progress (Now with Pics)...

As "promised" here are the current paint in progress pics of Asphyxious. The pics are so-so (probably not helped since most of the model is still fairly dark looking, although once i get the head done, and do some BRIGHTER metals, i suspect that will make things easier to look at). I have also done the 'blue ink' step (so now he looks like a 2nd ed Genestealer, just in the metallic variety). I've also started dry brushing his base to start getting a tad bit of color into that too, but i suspect overall he will be a rather 'dark' looking mini. Naturally he looks great up close and personal, but alas, pictures will have to do. No idea what i'll be doing tomorrow, might try and lay down some of the silver metal since his armor is supposed to the the hybrid purple-blue look, whilst some of his mechanika is still largely a silver finish.

I also did some more metal work on Denny (no pics included) and my goodness, what may LOOK easy, isn't necessarily EASY to do. So i suspect Denny will not live up to expectation (especinally given the conversion work into her) whilst Asphyxious will probably be a lot better than expected.

Anyway, less banter, here are the pics.












-eTAS

2 comments:

Arjan said...

Looks very very nice! I like the purplish metal look!
I also love the basing.

oh and Erwin started blogging again :)

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I'm hoping the next time i take a pic that it will somewhat capture the Purple/Blue hue of the metal. Might have to do a real good zoom up next time and do upper body if i have to.

Basing is simple cork tile manual broken into small pieces. I coated the flat sides with a bit of my black lava paste (essentially black paint mixed in with sand like particles to give it a bit of a grainy texture).

Methinks I'll have to visit Erwin's blog again *nods*


-eTAS