Monday, August 07, 2006

Mini Update Time

Just a quick brief update, since i havent done one in a lil while.

40K wise, things are going a tad bit slow (havent had too much time available to paint) mainly cos of work and funky sleep patterns. In any case, hopefully if the weather is good in the next few days, i'll get a quick moment to give the termie bases a quick black spray since i dont feel like undercoating them by hand. Sure, ill probably need to do some touch ups afterwards, but as long as majority of the base is done i'll be happy. Also gonna try and do some more work on the Sisters as well since i did end up finishing the silver metal aspect of things, so i just need to add some highlights to the bolter casing and give the whole weapon a quick black wash to dull down the tones before i do some additional highlights. Then i can start on the gold metal aspects which shouldnt be as bad (thank goodness). Should also give me some time to do some more work on the Termie bases as well.

Warmachine wise, exluding my mass haul of reading material (Hordes Rulebook, and 6 issues of their Magazine, which i must admit is alot better than White Dwarf) i cleaned up the two Satyxis raider models i have, so once i figure out how im going to base them ill start painting them up slowly. I also cleaned up the other two models i got, since one of them will be my main Warcaster for my Cryx army. Still need to clean up the model and decide if i want to do any minor conversions to the model. Heh, i still need to decide what the actual color scheme will be, since i do want to go for something dark and brooding, but im not sure if i want to stick to some of the contemporary color schemes.

That aside, thats about it for me. Ive also been cleaning up some of my boxes and using the new bits box i got to put stuff away so im happy with that. I'll probably get another one later on and ponder transfering some of my other stuff into these new boxes.





-TAS

7 comments:

Erwin said...

Funky sleeping patterns? What you talking 'bout? You're always up at the most impossible hours!

Seems I'm finally doing more about my 40k than you for a change :P

lastlifeinmyuniverse said...

boxes ! boxes ! boxes everywhere !

at least your not cooped up in a box all day long like me :|

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I care not for yout tone Erwin :P

Alas, yes i am up at the most impossible hour :D

Psht, I mod at the B&C now, every day i do stuff 40K related :P That reminds me, i have a PM to read... It had better be good news -_-;

Yeah i'd hate to be coop'd up in a box all day long, guess thats why work is handy ^.^ Although i do spend 4 hours looking into a box typing away stuff, so that could be just as bad.



-TAS

Anonymous said...

boxes are bad ;)
I had a small box as a living space for two years..so I should know.

Looking into a box..called a monitor ;) At least if you don't have a flatscreen. Or do you mean your tv.

I think your store has TONS of things on layby for you. They are far better than a bank in that way ;D

My painting will be continued tomorrow, I might even finish painting on my broodlord before saturday if all goes well.

Btw I think I'll look up some Hordes/WM pics on the web.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Actually the screens (the two of 'em) are both flat.. So yeah....


And my store only has the box of Everblight on layby for me ;) I do pick stuff up :P Plus i do it within a month so i still get my 10% discount (usually if i need to layby i pick up within 2 weeks).

Ive already got a nice funky idea for my Deneghra Warcaster, so ill probably continue on the hobby aspect of things.

As for warmachine, although i only have the link to the PP Forums, you can easily use that link to get to the main website.


-TAS

Anonymous said...

uuuuuupdate :D

Arjan said...

hmm somehow my previous comment is only shown if you want to comment again :S

anywaysss Update! ;)