Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Things are not going well No. 1

Well I wouldn't say they are going horrible, however I am not fully liking how things are going. Painting the Angelius is actually NOT an easy feat... Although for future Everblight models I will endeavour to use a white base coat versus black, since well, practicality wise, it would have made life significantly easier. Don't get me wrong, the Angelius, doesn't look BAD or anything, but it won't be fantastic either. I've already noticed that some of the GS work is rather sub-par, and since I never had a chance to perfect my Everblight scheme and technique prior to the Angelius, I feel that I may have rushed into this too quickly.

Sure I still want to get the Angelius finished, it's not like I won't ponder getting another one, so things may still be a-ok-ish. Failing that I will be completely random and try to finish a 'Land Shark'. Good thing about the Shredder is that it's at a similar stage to the Angelius, but being smaller makes life easier *nods*. Of course, finding time to do all the painting is doing my head in, but we'll see. I've already seen some of the competition entries, and there is already a nice Dreadnought and Captain model from the Assault on Black Reach box. MInd you, they are fairly stock AND PLASTIC... But we'll see. If i can't make it or I feel that it would only be a rush to do it, I may just finish it at a more casual pace and take in the model/pictures into the store one day as an aside.

But hey, upside is, I'm painting!!



-eTAS

No comments: