Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lion Guard Update, Part 6

If i could do a weird 'Paint Color of the Month' type of thing, I know MY vote would be put down for Filthy Brown (aka Vomit Brown for you Citadel users). The color i swear has a HEAP of uses, from serving as a stepping stone for decent yellow robes (this will save my Lion Guard for sure), to being another color in bone color robes AND does wonders for facial skin tone. So yeah, I LOVE this color.

The Lion Guard are back on track now that the color tests have been completed and filthy brown has been applied to the robes. Definitely looking alot better and i can safely say the tone will look alot more natural than previous pics have shown them to be.

Im pending a reply back from da main DA man SG to see if i can make a submission of these guys for the competition over at the DA forum on the B&C. So no WIP pics until i know what is happening with that. But I assure you, they terminators look alot better and i know i will be happier with the end result.



-TAS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm don't think we got that color.

Good to hear that you're back on track.
As you can read on Erwin's blog I ate some canned meat last 2 days.

I'll write up my own report using Erwin's map thingie..cause I'm lazy to make up my own.

I might upload a pic or 2. And yes some of the models don't look all that fancie, cause they have been painted 4 years ago. And I don't want to re-paint my first tyrant etc.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Very handy color!! You might even like it for your Nids given your paint scheme. It would essentially be an in between step of Bubonic Brown to Bleached Bone. However i dont think you'll get it as i cant imagine you wanting to add yet ANOTHER bit of tone to your minis :P

I still need to take some pics of the Sisters (havent done that just yet) and keep working on the Lion Guard.

That also reminds me, I want to pick up the current Tyrant model so i can use some bits of it to make my own Tyrant (and bits of the Carnifex). Although i dread making the Tyrant's 'Crown' feature, and its a pain on ebay as alot of the OOP Tyrant stuff are painted and assembled and what not, so heck knows how well they have been glued together.


-TAS