Sunday, June 11, 2006

Just a lil progress update...

So just a minor update to keep most of ye folk entertained (not that alot of ye read this anyawy)....


Did a lil bit of painting tonight (not a WHOLE lot as painting grey gets boring after a while) but two of my sisters are pretty down packed with the 'Cold Grey' stage now. Three more sisters to do that one for this batch and i can move to the lighter grey coat and press on with the rest of the mini. I also continued on the EC V2 color tests and played around with the next purple color - 'Warlord Purple' and wow, it's alot more pinker than i thought, even compared to GWs. Which I guess is probably a good thing since I am after the more pink look and its turning out qutie well. Ill probably do some more work on that in the next few days as well (to get a quick break from all this grey). Decided not to touch the three SW minis that i started base coating from last week, but I'm sure I'll touch them up later on during the week. I'm also thinking about changing my ideas for my SoB basing, now that it probably would be alot easier to cut the tiles out and then glue them onto the base rather than try to score into the plasticard which isnt providing me with the desired effect im after. With the release of the urban basing kits this week as well i'll grab some of them specifically for use for my SoB (til they run out) and revert back to some more conventional stuff for basing.

The terminators for the SH AoD have been cleaned up, all I need to do is loosely put them together to get a general idea of what they look like and what converting work i wanna do. Although considering the first round of the AoD starts on the 14th, time wise it doesnt look too good, so ill have to try and work as fast as i possibly can. If I dont make it, then oh well, but I still want to try and get these guys set up (plus it didnt help that i took so long deciding if i wanted to enter or not).

Also been playing some more DoW and I did get past that weird insane mission, only to have the following mission be even MORE insane. When they say they throw you into the game, they really mean it. However, it has still been fun to play, even if it is wimpy guard, so Id actually recommend getting the game for sure.

Gonna try and cut some stuff out of the Dryad box for basing material for the Termies (yeah i know its a Space Hulk thing but i DO want them to match the rest of my army at a later date). I should also try and clean up the small tables besides me cos its covered in EVERYTHING! Well, almost.. but still it isnt a clean mess.

On a final note, the Tyranid BF stuff is washed and dry and the CoD sprues will be drying overnight, so ill have more goodies to play with, Yesssssssssssssssssss!!






TAS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to play with ey..
not until their glued & painted :P

I haven't seen the urban kit thing.
But I think I'll just build stuff myself.

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Well yeah to "play" with... As in ill slowly put some stuff together and what not although ill probably step away from using my Vallejo paints to paint them as i suspect painting the buildings (dry brush or not) will KILL my paints, so ill probably just buy some cheap acrylic paints and take it from there. For the more detailed sections ill probably go back to using the vallejos (or whatever is left of my GW paints).

The Urban basing kit comes out this week, and ill probably pick a few up since they are on limited release, otherwise it isnt too difficult to find cheaper materials for basing.


-TAS