Friday, March 18, 2005

Just to make Duregar Happy!!

Here you go Duregar, a pic of what i am currently working on. As you can tell, im a horribly slow painter!! However, if you look carefully at the far left legs, you may see WHY im taking so long. The marine second from the left is still in progress, as i need to use my fine detail brush to get at some of the areas. That marine is also sportin' one of the pelts i made from putty, so it will be interesting to see how that turns out. You can also see the beginnings of my snow bases, but they are far from completed. I did do about 30mins worth of work tonight (ok, maybe saying it was "30 mins worth" is a bit of an overstatement). None the less, some work WAS made tonight. I think i might start picking out some of the rubble with more traditional grey colors within the next few days. And keep painting up the patches on the guy who is semi base coated. The two on the far right can wait a bit, but they will get their turn eventually. Im actually surprised that i managed to get the pic to look alot better in Paint Shop Pro by playing with the Brightness/Contrast to really brighten up the pic. I'll also give whoever guesses the owner of the stray legs right, 5 points :P (Hint: Check my Photobucket account).

Im also in the process of rethinking my Sisters of Battle colors. Although i was thinking grey armor, with the new Wolves army, im less convinced that is the right way to go. The only down side is that it doesnt leave me with much options. With my Dark Angels, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children and Space Wolves armies, ive already used 95% of the available color palettes available. I think i havent touched yellow, but i dont think i will, not for my Sisters. Im trying to avoid the standard schemes used in the more commonly known Sisters Orders, thus no black, silver, red or white. Sure, im using red robes, but that works with my Sisters Order, plus i rarely paint red robes. I could try a light blue shade, but im not sure. I just wish there was an easy flash painting guide for sisters available like the Space Marines one, as it would make life so much more easier. Currently, i just go painting a Sisters pic image to test color schemes. In the end, i dont think im anywhere near closer to determining a final color scheme for my sisters.

However, i will end my rant there and pick it up next time.



A Paint in Progress pic of my Space Wolves. You'll see that im trying to do the whole black lining thing again (Far Left Legs). Im sure ill add some stuff by editing the post through blogger! Posted by Hello




-TAS

No comments: