Saturday, November 11, 2006

Lil Warmachine Haul

Wow, another update? Something clearly must be up!

As the title suggests, i did have a lil Warmachine haul today and picked up the Cryx Battlegroup, the Witch Coven of Garlghast + Egregore and Thagrosh. Quite happy with that and i had a peak and the models and i think ill definitely be using my Alt Denny model for my Denny, as the Battlegroup one, although she has a nice body, the witch barbs look like CRAP. Since they had another Alt Denny model, i might grab that just for the Witch Barbs heh.

On some upsetting news, i didn't find No Quarter #9 there, which muffs me a tad bit, so i havent a clue how im going to get that for the time being (might try the ebay seller i got alot of WM stuff from in the past) since thats a gaming store of sorts.

In more GOOD news, i placed the old Eldar Battleforce and Horus Heresy Vol 4 on layby, which i am thinking i will pick up in a few weeks time.

Painting wise havent done alot, havent been exactly full on motivated to do so yet, although doing some modelling and converting stuff may strike my fancy, so i may give that a shot within the next few days.

Other than that, thats pretty much it. Although i also thought i would add in, Turpentine is better at removing paint from pewter models than brake fluid is!




-eTAS

5 comments:

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Since I can't really be bothered to do another update, I thought I'd make a small note here.

Did some more paint stripping of whatever Cryx stuff i have left. Man, turps works really well (except it stinks after a while). Quite happy with the results on certain models, as they look about 95% brand spanking new. Rest of my Cryx stuff are in there now and I'll probably leave them at least over night and see how they fair tomorrow.



-eTAS

Anonymous said...

turpentine..being the same stuff as 'terpentine' I guess..

It works well on Revell paint but didn't do it very well on citadel paint IIRC.

I don't know what No 9 thingie is..but I'm sure it sucks that it can't be found ;)

I got to go paint again..and revise my list a bit. Deathwing has won a minor victory. I could say that there wasn't all that much cover (which is true) but all in all it was a very fun game. Making LD5 3 times in a row really pisses of assault terminators :D

The Angelus Sanctus said...

I havent had any problems with turps at all in the past, i just hate the smell and it works alot better than brake fluid does (this is of course on pewter as it would slag plastic).

No Quater is the magazine that Privateer Press have (much like WD is for GW). Alot better that WD in my opinion, so im really annoyed that i cant find a copy yet.

Heh, that minor victory for the DW should be a major one with some of the changes that have been mentioned for the DW in the upcoming DA codex. Although the whole LD5 thing is unbelievable heh.


-eTAS

Anonymous said...

hmm what to say about this ubercommboy vs TAS:
PWND!!!!!!!!!!

Even with the letter ID you still get an uberspam message :(

The Angelus Sanctus said...

*Growls*

What type of F*CKERY IS THIS?!?!!?!

TO BACK TO THE HELL THAT SPAWNED YOU, YOU FILTHY PIECE OF SPAMMING SH*T!!!!




-eTAS