Saturday, March 10, 2007

Very small and minor Update

Just a very small and minor update (since work has been taking alot of my time etc etc).

I have been slowly and progressively cleaning up some Marine models to use as AotL (I hate de-mold lining minis, but good lord) and so far have 5 to work with. I will probably GS robe them and maybe use some components from the Chaos marines (mainly arms) to give them a more 'darker' look (since Chaos arms are quite nice with their lil fancy trim arms). Still debating how I am going to go about squads now though, since the robe look is the new 'in-thing' I'm debating if i want to robe up everyone, or keep some folk in regular non-robe PA and just try to flesh them out to make them more in theme with the whole squad. Or i just might go robe crazy, whichever one happens first, although i might take a queue from the Black Templars and do a tabbard (I've seen some DA art work with them having a tabbard) just to keep the cloth look in.

I can also happily state I now own the 4th Ed DA codex (it isn't too bad, but it could go either way really). I also have one box of DA Vets and the Army box (which was pretty cool, all they did was stick the relevant box sets in and the new DA/RW frames). The Ltd Company Master model ain't too bad and I'm also happy for the Librarian model i got (was the only one of the three i actually liked).

So next week will be the DA + RW battleforces, the DA Command Squad and the Master of the Ravenwing (on Jetbike). After that, my GW purchases will hit their low until the next army release that I am after (or if i find out that DA stuff is all splash only, in which case, i might spend a bit more to get some extra stuff).

Other than that, fairly happy with everything. Hopefully later this weekend I'll do some more work, although we'll see how things go.



-eTAS

2 comments:

Arjan said...

dayumn..you should organize a 'frame' battle.

How far is your 400pt sisters of battle ? I'd suggest making 400pts of everything and then go further along ;) Or 1000pts..but 400 is closer :P

Good to see an update :)

The Angelus Sanctus said...

Heh, a 'frame' battle wouldnt be a bad idea, just don't expect it anytime soon :P

SoB is going small, although I thought I did set them around 400 pts? I'll have to go re-check that and see what I set it at (perhaps a copy and paste of the actual planner to keep on my h/d isnt a bad idea either for when the post gets swallowed up).


-eTAS